Apply before: Monday, Mar 14, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
For more information, visit: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03818
Associate or Full Specialist
The position will support the design and execution of qualitative and mixed methods studies that are part of ongoing projects. Specific tasks will include developing study protocols; developing surveys, interview and focus group guides; training and overseeing field staff conducting surveys, interviews and focus groups; conducting qualitative analyses; and leading manuscript development. In addition, the position will be responsible for developing new TB-related behavioral and social science projects, including writing or supporting grants. Last, the position will provide mentorship and training to post-docs and other trainees interested in TB-related qualitative and mixed methods research.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• At least five years of experience designing and managing qualitative and mixed methods studies
• Sound understanding of social and behavioral theory
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in low- and middle-income countries
• Proficient in Dedoose and STATA
• Experience mentoring and/or teaching qualitative and mixed methods