Apply by June 1st: https://www.yorku.ca/dighr/opportunity-program-officer-tb-centre/
The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research is seeking a qualified Program Officer to support administrative management for a virtual “TB Centre” and related research projects under the supervision of Professor Amrita Daftary.
The successful candidate will maintain a global inventory of TB focussed social science scholars and research for the TB Centre, a web portal for membership and knowledge exchange, and assist with event planning. The candidate will additionally provide administrative support for ongoing and new social science focussed TB research projects. This one-year position offers exceptional graduates an exciting opportunity to help build a global community of practice focused on a leading infectious disease and contribute to related social science research.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to Dr. Daftary’s various research projects
- Manage the SSHIFTB virtual centre, including, but not limited to, communication with members/organizations/affiliated institutions, quarterly newsletter development, hosting/facilitating webinar/workshop events, initiating/forming collaborations with other organizations and institutions, managing social media (Twitter), managing the website on WordPress
- Assist with writing and submission of research proposals, ethics, protocols, financial reports, and funding/grant proposals
- Carry out the mandate of and goals of successful proposals, including, but not limited to, multi-year award goals
- Assist with administrative tasks of Dr. Daftary’s various research teams, including, but not limited to, meeting planning, scheduling, surveys, student coordination.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Master level graduate from social science, global health, or public health, with experience or specific interest in tuberculosis
- Program/project management expertise
- Expertise in using social media, developing newsletters, and using other communication mediums
- Experience with WordPress/website management
- Successful research/program grant writing experience
- Experience in qualitative research considered an asset
- Willingness to learn and an effective communicator
- Willingness to be adaptable and flexible based on the needs of the job